We are pleased to offer campus visits and events for admitted students, prospective students, and their families hosted by our admissions counselors and student tour guides. Visits are specifically tailored to meet your needs based on whether you are a student enrolling in the fall or a prospective student looking to gain more information about the U of M before applying, as well as tours of both Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses. All campus tours include a 30-minute information session.
Where do the tours begin?
When you register for a tour or event, you will receive an email from [email protected] with information about your check-in location.
Most of our campus tours begin at our...
Freshman Admissions Welcome Center
200 Jones Hall
27 Pleasant Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Admissions driving and parking info
To ensure a quality tour experience, pre-registration is required (click the Minneapolis or Minneapolis/St. Paul button above to register).
What should I wear for the tour?
Dress for the weather! Summer and winter in Minnesota can be magical; they can also be highly variable. We encourage you to dress for it, and bring the proper clothing and footwear to be comfortable. Masks are optional.
What do our campus tours offer?
- Excitement and a warm Minnesota welcome: Our student tour guides are ecstatic to show you around campus. They love this role and showing admitted students and their guests around while sharing their collegiate highlights.
- Highlights of our beautiful campus: During the 90-minute tour, you will walk throughout our East Bank section of campus, led by a current student. Students interested in colleges housed on the St. Paul Campus will be offered a tour for that location too.
- Residence Hall (Dorm): We will be able to bring campus tour guests into a residence hall as part of this tour experience.
- Student perspective and experience: Your tour guide will share information about campus along with their student perspective and experiences to help you determine if the U of M is the right fit for you!
What can I expect NOT to see on a tour?
- Inside all buildings on the tour: While we can’t go into every building, we will have a brief stop at the following:
- Coffman Memorial Union, our student union
- A residence hall on campus
- Walter Library
- Bruininks Hall (One Stop Student Services)
- Recreation and Wellness Center
- NOTE: Some buildings around campus remain closed to the public to reduce the number of people inside at one time.
Can I request accessibility resources for my tour?
We want our tours, visits, and events to be enjoyed by all prospective students and their guests! Learn more about our commitment to accessibility on your campus visit.
Campus tours are for prospective students and their guests only.
Each tour will be limited to approximately 15 people. Please be considerate of the number of total people you bring to campus for your tour, as group sizes will be limited.
We have many options to explore campus.
We offer various virtual and self-guided in-person tour options for those that arrive without an appointment, or if you are unable to travel to campus for a visit.
We will only provide a student-guided tour to prospective students with a scheduled appointment.
If you do not have a scheduled tour, you can opt to download one of our self-guided tours to enhance your walk through campus.