How to Apply

Freshman Applicant
  • You are a freshman applicant if you are still a high school student. (Even if you will complete college credits while in high school.)
  • You are also a freshman if you have already graduated from high school, but have NOT enrolled at a college, university, or any other school after high school.

Freshman Application

Transfer Applicant

Transfer Application

Graduate Applicant
  • You are a graduate student if you have completed your Bachelor’s degree and are looking to continue your education with the goal of achieving a post-graduate degree.

Graduate School Office of Admissions

Current U of M Student
Former U of M Student
  • You are a former University of Minnesota student if you are returning to a degree program at the U of M after an absence of one year or longer.
  • If you are a former student looking to return to a degree program from an absence of one year or longer, you must complete an Application for Readmission.