Curiosity has a guaranteed return. Come curious and you will find that the U of M offers competitive tuition rates and a great value. Just ask Forbes, Princeton Review, and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. They have all ranked the University in the “Best Value” category.
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities was ranked #10 in the Princeton Review's "Top 20 Best Schools for Financial Aid (Public Schools)" in 2023
- The Princeton Review also ranked the U of M #26 in their "Top 50 Best Value Colleges (Public Schools)" in 2023
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities was named to Money’s 2020 Best Colleges list
- As a top research university the U of M earned a spot in the top 50 schools by the 2020 Best Global Universities rankings.
- CNBC named the University of Minnesota Twin Cities one of the Top 25 Public U.S. Colleges that Pay off the Most in 2020
- The University of Minnesota was named as a College that Pays You Back by Princeton Review in 2018.
- High retention rates, low student debt, and high graduate salaries earned the U of M Forbes magazine's most recent "rising star college" title.
- The University is consistently named a "Best Value" by Kiplinger's Personal Finance and Princeton Review
- The University ranks first among the public universities in the Big Ten and fourth among public universities in the U.S. in the number of National Merit Scholars.
- The University of Minnesota is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, a distinguished organization comprised of only 62 research universities in the United States and Canada that "advance society through education, research, and discovery."
- Basing its study on factors such as Nobel laureates and publications, the Academic Ranking of World Universities places the University of Minnesota Twin Cities ninth among public research universities in the United States, and 18th among public research universities in the world.
- This same study also ranked five academic fields at the U of M:
- The College of Education and Human Development is the highest rated public education program in the world
- Social sciences: 3rd among U.S. public universities
- Medicine and pharmacy: 9th among U.S. public universities
- Engineering, technology, and computer science: 11th among U.S. public universities
- Life and agricultural sciences: 11th among U.S. public universities
- Natural sciences and mathematics: 13th among U.S. public universities
- The 2020 edition of US News and World Report ranked the College of Education and Human Development as:
- #1 in Developmental Psychology (formerly Child Psych, technically housed in CLA and partnered with CEHD)
- #13 Best Public Education Graduate School
- #22 Best Education Graduate School
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities Department of Asian Languages and Literatures has been selected to be the 12th Chinese language department in the nation offering a Chinese Flagship Program. Flagship Program grants are awarded by the Department of Defense and Institute of International Education.
- Rarig Center is fourth on the list of "Most Amazing College Campus Theaters" in the United States by BestCollegeReviews.org.
- The U of M’s College of Science and Engineering undergraduate program has been ranked #4 in the nation by CollegeChoice.net.
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities has one of the best freshman retention rates in the country at 93.0%, according to College Factual, which also notes the average retention rate across the country is only 69.0%.
- The graduation rate at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities has improved so much over the last 20 years, it is currently considered the single greatest turnaround among all doctoral-granting institutions in the United States.
- Our Animal Science program in the University of Minnesota College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resources Sciences (CFANS) is ranked #1 Best Value by College Factual.
- The U of M is ranked #8 in a list of the Top 10 Urban Campuses in America by College Magazine.
- The Princeton Review named the U of M as one of their Green Colleges in 2023
- In 2019, the U of M was ranked 17th in the world for number of U.S. patents granted by the National Academy of Inventors.
- According to the "Top American Research Universities" report, the University of Minnesota Twin Cities ranks eighth for faculty awards received, ninth for research expenditures, and tenth for annual giving among public universities.
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities ranked 13th among U.S. public research universities and 38th in the world in Newsweek's most recent "Top 100 Global Universities" report.