Application Checklist for Transfer Students

Your transfer application is complete when you submit the following items:

Styled Content

1. Submit your Golden Gopher Application online

2. Pay the $55 application fee

Please make your check or money order payable to the University of Minnesota. If you apply online, you have the option of paying with a credit card.

3. Submit all of your official college transcript(s); no copies

  • Transcripts must be issued in the last year. Please submit even those where you earned no credit.
    • Fall 2024; Transcripts must include grades for Fall 2023 courses.
    • Spring 2024; Transcript must include grades for Spring 2023 courses.
      • If you took Summer 2023 courses, Transcript must also include grades for those courses.
    • Electronic transcripts should be emailed to [email protected].

Additional Materials:

  1. If you attended school in other countries, refer to our Application Checklist for International Transfer Applicants.
  2. If you are not a native speaker of English, submit results from one of our approved English language proficiency tests.
  3. If you are applying to the Center for Allied Health, Nursing, Dental Hygiene, or Mortuary Science you must submit a supplemental application. Please note that some supplemental applications require an additional fee. To learn about specific college requirements, visit Transfer Admission Requirements.

Fewer than 26 Credits

Submit official high school transcripts

  • All applicants must turn in a high school transcript. The high school transcript (or GED) is needed to determine: proof of graduation; whether you have completed the high school preparation requirements; and whether you have met all of the prerequisites for admission to your college of choice. 
    • Exception: students who have previously completed an A.A. degree or bachelor's degree do not need to submit a high school transcript.
  • If you attended or graduated from a secondary school in another country, have your school send to the Office of Admissions your official final secondary school transcript and proof of graduation (i.e. graduation certificate or leaving exam results). All documents not issued in English must be in the original language and include a certified true English translation. (Official documents are those that are original or are attested copies of original academic documents that are mailed in a sealed, stamped envelope directly from the secondary school.)

Submit your ACT or SAT scores

  • If you indicated on your application that you'd like an ACT/SAT score considered in the review of your application. (An ACT/SAT score is not required on applications through 2025.)
    • ACT code: 2156
    • SAT code: 6874