UPDATE: Students applying for Fall 2022 undergraduate admission at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities are not required to submit an ACT or SAT score. Learn more.
Transfer Admissions Requirements: College of Education and Human Development
The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) offers degrees focused on a shared desire to positively impact people's lives. CEHD offers the following majors in these areas:
- Human Services: Focus your desire to help others into a rewarding career.
- Health, Sport, and Wellness: Use leisure and wellness to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities.
- Organizational Leadership and Development: Prepare for leadership, sales and marketing, or administrative positions by developing the skills you will need for a career in a variety of organizations.
- Education: Our teacher education programs prepare you to be an expert in your field and an effective teacher. The program length varies depending on the subject area you are interested in teaching.
The following undergraduate majors in CEHD lead to a bachelor's degree and offer a direct path to our graduate-level licensure programs:
- Early childhood
- Elementary education foundations
The following undergraduate major in CEHD leads to a bachelor's degree and license:
- Special education
If you are interested in teaching middle or high school students, in subjects such as English or math, visit teach.umn.edu for more information on how to prepare for these graduate-level programs. Also consider the DirecTrack to Teaching program, which gives you a head start in exploring the culture of teaching and schools, and provides an early admission decision to the graduate teaching program. Visit cehd.umn.edu/direct for more information.
Teaching licensure programs are also offered at the undergraduate level for the following programs: Agricultural Education (in the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences) and Music Education (in the College of Liberal Arts). Please refer to CFANS or CLA tabs for more information on these programs.
Degree options: Bachelor of Science (B.S)
*Applications complete after the priority deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Many CEHD majors fill at or shortly after the priority deadline.
Admission requirements are specific to majors. For specific information, please visit the CEHD Transfer Page.
Please attend one of our information sessions or stop by our drop in advising hours. Contact CEHD Student Services directly at 612-625-3339 or [email protected] if you have questions about information sessions.
View Transfer Guides.
CEHD Application Supplement
All students applying to the College of Education and Human Development program must submit the CEHD Transfer admission application supplement with their transfer admission application materials. (If the PDF link doesn't reach the supplemental application, it can be found through the CEHD Transfer Admissions page.)
*If you are a current CEHD or U of M student, please contact Student Services for information on which form you need to complete.