The University of Minnesota Twin Cities has teamed up with seven public two-year campuses around Minnesota to offer the Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program (MnCAP). When you enroll in the Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program, you will be guaranteed transfer admission to one of the participating U of M majors when you meet certain conditions.
Please note: This program is only open to students transferring to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. You are considered a transfer student if you are a high school graduate who has registered or enrolled at a college, university, or any other school after graduating from high school. If you are a high school student and are enrolled in PSEO, College in the Schools, or have earned AP credit, you are still considered a freshman.
Also, if you have previously enrolled in a degree program, are transferring from one degree program to another on the Twin Cities campus, or are transferring from another University of Minnesota campus, you do not qualify for MnCAP and you must follow the steps to complete the Change of College form instead.
Participating U of M colleges include:
- College of Biological Sciences (CBS)
- College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS): Construction Management, Health Services Management, Information Technology Infrastructure, Manufacturing Operations Management
- College of Design (CDes): Landscape Design & Planning only
- College of Education and Human Development (CEHD): Family Social Science, Recreation Administration, and Youth Studies only
- College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS)
- College of Liberal Arts (CLA)
- College of Science and Engineering (CSE): Astrophysics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Mathematics, and Physics only
Partners in Transfer - MnCAP Community Colleges
Admissions information for our community college partners is provided below. When you register for courses, make sure the advisor you are working with knows that you are interested in transferring to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities through the Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program, and which major you hope to pursue, so that you can plan accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What University majors are available through this program?
Many of the University's majors participate in MnCAP. They are all majors for which students can take introductory level courses and other prerequisite courses at one or more of the participating community colleges. Check the list to see which U of M majors are offered at each of the community colleges (note that not all majors are offered at all seven colleges). If you are interested in a major that you don't find on this list, please contact the Office of Admissions about criteria for transferring with a different major.
What are the requirements for admission to the University under this program?
Prior to enrolling at the University, you should do the following:
- Complete the AA degree or the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Complete the appropriate prerequisite and introductory courses for your intended major, with grades of C or higher. If you enter the MnCAP program as an undeclared major, you must have declared a major in one of the participating colleges by the time you apply for transfer to the U of M.
- Meet the priority application deadline for the term you wish to begin.
- Meet any additional admission conditions for individual U of M colleges.