Welcome! We're so glad your student is considering the University of Minnesota. At the University of Minnesota, your son or daughter will find great academics, including over 130 majors, the University Honors Program, and award-winning faculty, great opportunities for undergraduate research, internships, and study abroad at a great location in the heart of the Twin Cities--all for a great value.
Why the U of M?
With 130 majors, 38 minors, caring advisers, renowned professors, and 600 student organizations on a thriving Big 10 campus, the U of M is a place where you can experience countless adventures and achieve your goals and dreams. Follow the links below to explore all that we have to offer!
Please note that the priority application deadline for fall 2014 freshman admission was December 16, 2013
. Learn more
Information about Admission
- College Planning Tips
- Wondering what courses your child should take during high school? Whether your student is in eighth or twelfth grade, this information will help your child prepare for admission and university-level study.
- Next Steps
- Based on your child's year in high school, find the next steps and deadlines for your family.
- ACT and SAT
- Learn more about our ACT/SAT requirements and get information about test dates and registration.
- Tips for Your Campus Visit
- Planning a campus visit? These five tips will help you make the most of your day.
- Minnesota Cooperative Admissions Program (MnCAP)
- MnCAP is an admissions program that serves students planning to transfer from Minnesota's public two-year campuses to transfer-admitting colleges at the University of Minnesota.
Admissions counselor blogs
U of M students win national and international academic scholarships
New initiatives to enhance the undergraduate experience
Campus events calendar
The U of M's new President: Eric Kaler
- Alumni Ambassadors Student Recruitment Program
- Alumni are invited to share their U of M experiences with prospective students in a variety of ways. Learn more about opportunities here.
- University of Minnesota Parent
- Your one-stop shop for information about campus events, important dates, and programs available to you and your student. Tap into a network of families with students at the U of M.
- Campus Safety and Security Tips for Families
- Nine tips to make your family's University of Minnesota experience as enjoyable and healthy as possible. Also includes information on emergency notification systems that the University of Minnesota uses to communicate with students.
- College of Science and Engineering Parents Organization
- A resource for parents of current and future College of Science and Engineering students.
- CLA Parent
- A resource for parents of current and future College of Liberal Arts students.
- Counseling and Consulting Services
- We offer services that help your child stay physically, emotionally, and academically healthy while they are away from home. Learn more here.
- It's guaranteed!
- If your student meets our requirements and deadlines, we guarantee that he or she will get on-campus housing, a student job, and a degree in four years. Look here for details about our three freshman guarantees.
Got questions? Get answers! Click here for instant answers to all your questions about great opportunities at the University of Minnesota.