How to schedule your visit
SUMMER 2017 NOTES: Road construction on Interstate 94 has begun and may affect travel times between downtown Minneapolis and the Western suburbs. Please allow for extra travel time when planning your campus visit. Visit the MNDot website or app for daily updates.
Our spring visit schedule concluded on May 5, and our regular daily visit program will resume on May 30. If you would like to schedule a visit between May 8 - May 26 (Monday through Friday only), please call our visit line at 612-625-0000 to talk to a visitor relations representative.
The University of Minnesota will be closed on Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day and on Tuesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
STEP 1: Choose your visit session
College sessions are offered every Monday and Friday.
Additionally, Health Career Center information sessions and School of Nursing information sessions are offered on Mondays and Fridays.
STEP 2: Submit your reservation
After filtering our visit calendar with your college of interest and choosing your visit date, review the itinerary and complete the registration form. We will follow up with confirmation materials, including directions and parking information.
We accept visit reservations online at least one week in advance of your visit. Planning to visit sooner? Please call our Visitline for the fastest service:
1-800-752-1000 or 612-625-0000
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central
Benefits of visiting campus
There's no better way to learn about the University of Minnesota than through a campus visit. When you visit, you can:
- See a residence hall (for future freshmen only), the University Recreation Center, a library, Coffman Memorial Union, classroom buildings, and more!
- Attend an academic information session about the majors that interest you.
- Meet your admissions counselor. Whether you're curious about the application process, student life, or anything in between, our admissions counselors are happy to answer your questions.
- Get a student's perspective on campus life. Learn about student organizations and our thriving campus community.
- Tour the Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE) to explore the resources available for multicultural students on our campus (by appointment).
- Sit in on a class (for future freshmen only). Experience a world-class education by attending a real lecture, laboratory, or discussion session. With advance notice, we can also arrange for you to meet a professor in an area that interests you.
The Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE) provides an incredible college experience for multicultural students. At MCAE, students enjoy an environment of excellence that prepares them to compete in the job market, pursue graduate or professional school, and serve as leaders in their families, communities, and the world. MCAE offers a wide range of experiences through programs like Living and Learning Communities, scholarships, tutoring, mentors, and cultural events.
The Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence invites you to explore the resources available for multicultural students on our campus. MCAE offers visits by appointment. Call the VISITLINE at 612-625-0000 or 1-800-752-1000 to request your appointment.