The Early Action Deadline has passed. Applications can still be submitted for admission consideration until January 1.

Students must submit the U of M Self-Reported Academic Record (courses, grades, and test scores) rather than a transcript as part of their application to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Find out more about the Academic Record!

Common Application users must submit a U of M stand-alone Academic Record form. Although The Common Application includes a section where students can self-report grades, a complete application to the University of Minnesota requires students to submit our stand-alone institutional Academic Record form ( instead. Using one Academic Record platform allows our review to be consistent across all students because the academic information is provided in a consistent manner. We sincerely appreciate each student's time investment in completing this form.

Counselors do not need to submit transcripts for students this fall/winter. If submitting a transcript is part of your process as a high school, please note that we will add it to a student's file, but it will not complete the student's application. The Academic Record is what we will be using to review a student's coursework and grades for admission. (Students who confirm their enrollment to the U of M are required to submit a final high school transcript listing their graduation date by July 1.)

Top 3 Application Questions: Of the questions we've received over the last several weeks, here are the top three from high school counselors.

Ask us! Get instant answers through our online information database.

You may also call the High School Counselor Hotline at 612-626-8378 or 1-800-752-1000, or the Community College Counselor Hotline at 612-626-8376.

Request information

Return to Home Page

YouTube Instagram Virtual Tour