University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
How to complete your freshman admission application
Frequently asked questions
- What is the application deadline?
- The priority deadline to submit a complete application for fall 2015 admission is December 15, 2014.
- How do I know if my application is complete?
- Application Tracker is an online tool that tells you which application materials have been received, which materials may be missing, and whether a decision has been made on your application.
- What needs to be submitted with my freshman application?
We look at several pieces of information to make an admission decision. Be sure to use this application checklist to ensure your application is complete.
(If you are an international student, see your application checklist.)
- What should I do if my application is missing the ACT or SAT scores?
Please contact the appropriate testing agency and have your scores sent to us. Both ACT and SAT will send your scores free of charge to the first four schools you list when you register for the test. We will always consider the best composite score (from a single test) you submit, so we strongly encourage you to list the U of M as one of the schools to receive your official score each time you sit for an ACT or SAT exam.
To request your ACT score, contact:
ACT Assessment Score Reports
319-337-1313 or http://www.actstudent.org/scores/send/index.html
The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities ACT code is 2156.
To request your SAT score, contact:
The College Board
866-756-7346 or http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores.html
The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities SAT code is 6874.
If you have recently taken the exam and had your scores sent to the University, please note that it takes approximately four weeks from the time you took the exam for your tests to be scored, sent to us, and then entered into our computer system.
- What should I do if my application is missing high school transcripts?
- Have your high school counselor submit your official high school transcript.
- What should I do if my application is missing college transcripts?
- Please send us an official college transcript that includes any college courses you have taken through the spring of your junior year in high school. You can request this transcript from the college you are attending.
- What should I do if my application is missing the application fee?
- If you applied online, you can pay your application fee online by credit card. Simply log into your admission application. Because you have already applied, you will be brought to the Thank You page, which contains the link to pay your fee online.
If you applied using a paper application or if you would prefer to pay by check, view payment information.
- Some of my application materials are not appearing in Application Tracker. Why?
- If you submit an online application, electronic transcript, or test score, it takes up to five days for it to appear in the Application Tracker system.
If you submit application materials through the mail, it takes a week to 10 days to appear in the Application Tracker system.
The December 15 deadline is a postmark priority deadline, so any items postmarked by December 15 will be considered on time.
- What is your mailing address?
- Application materials can be mailed to the following address:
Office of Admissions
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
240 Williamson Hall
231 Pillsbury Dr SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0213