Transfer Application Checklist
A complete application consists of the items listed below. Be sure to submit these required items by the appropriate deadline!
- Complete the transfer application form
- $55 nonrefundable application fee.
Please make your check or money order payable to the University of Minnesota. If you apply online, you have the option of paying with a credit card.
- Have all your previous colleges (even those where you earned no credit) send us official transcript(s); no copies. Transcripts must be issued in the last year.
- Spring 2014: Transcript must include grades for spring 2013 courses.
- Fall 2014: Transcript must include grades for fall 2013 courses. (We expect these transcripts will arrive no earlier than January 2014.)
- Official high school transcripts.
All applicants must turn in a high school transcript. The high school transcript (or GED) is needed to determine: proof of graduation; whether you have completed the high school preparation requirements; and whether you have met all of the prerequisites for admission to your college of choice. Exception: students who have previously completed an A.A. degree or bachelor's degree do not need to submit a high school transcript.
If you attended or graduated from a secondary school in another country, have your school send to the Office of Admissions no later than August 1, 2014, your official final secondary school transcript and proof of graduation (i.e. graduation certificate or leaving exam results). All documents not issued in English must be in the original language and include a certified true English translation. (Official documents are those that are original or are attested copies of original academic documents that are mailed in a sealed, stamped envelope directly from the secondary school.)
- Have ACT or SAT send us your scores (U of M ACT code: 2156. SAT code: 6874) and have your high school send us official high school transcripts if:
- You have graduated from high school and you have completed less than a full year of college coursework (26 transferable credits), or
- You are applying to Dental Hygiene.
- If you attended secondary school in another country, submit official transcripts and scores of college entrance exams required in that country
- If you are not a native speaker of English: submit a TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB test score. For more information, please see http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/admissioninfo/intl_english.html
- Applicants to the Carlson School of Management, the Center for Allied Health (Clinical Laboratory Sciences), the College of Education and Human Development, Nursing, Dental Hygiene, and Mortuary Science need to submit a supplemental application. Please note that some supplemental applications require an additional fee.
- (Optional) Apply separately for housing, financial aid, and Honors.